Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Stats/Hair Personality

Hey Wonderfuls!

What I commonly notice in a lot of hair care forums, YouTube channels related to natural hair, and hair blogs is that people are always curious about hair type*. So, since I am in the early stages of chronicling my hair journey, I thought I'd just put my hair stats out there for any of you who are interested

HAIR TYPE: basically, the texture of one's hair. Can vary from bone straight to kinky-coily. The best explanation for hair type/texture/classification can be found here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

MY HAIR PERSONALITY:

I have multi-textured hair. For the most part, I am 4b, with a bit of 4c hair on my left and right temples. This means I have some very small "S" curls and a lot of kinks.  The nape of my head has 4a hair, which means pencil width "S" curls. As of now, my longest hairs are 5 1/2 inches, and my shortest hairs are 2 inches.

My hair shrinks to about half its length when air-dried, and dries very easily, which means it can break easily. (Combine that with HMHS, "Hands in My Hair Syndrome" lol - and hair just snaps off!)

Further Info: For any of you who would find this relevant, my hair is brown and black, but mostly brown haha. (I always get asked if I dye my hair - and I don't). Also, I am 3/4 black and 1/4 white.

So, here it is. Now that you've gotten to know my hair we can really dive into the "Hair Journey" together - it should be fun!

More To Come!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment