Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

My BC and Hair Growth Through August 2011

hello wonderful people!

I'd like to share my big chop experience with you. I cut off all of my relaxed ends on December 10, 2010.  I must say, I didn't choose the safest and most professional way to cut off 6+ inches of hair. I was tired of dealing with my relaxed ends - so I just took a scissors out of my drawer and chopped it all off. Prior to my BC, I had thought about cutting my hair a couple times, but I never planned a BC day; it was an impromptu decision. Luckily, it turned out ok! It wasn't too lopsided or anything like that lol.

I started snipping away from the back
because it was easiest to sense the texture difference





















Halfway done! There was no going back!




















Here's a little side angle. I think I had like 1.5 inches of hair




















Top of my head. My TWA!









Side profile. I eventually clipped away any leftover relaxed hair





















The final product!!!! Nappy & Happy haha




















And there you have it!!! As a college student I didn't have the time to really invest in my hair like I have over the past summer, so wash and go* styles where my staple. I LOVED (and still love) bobby pins and head bands. When I had a bit more growth, I began to rely heavily on twists and twist outs. I was struggling with developing a hair regimen that fit my schedule, so I'm not sure I achieved my full growth potential over the past two semesters. In the summer however, when I had the time to really take care of myself, I did see a difference in length. Take a look:

December 11 - first full day natural! My hair after a perm rod set
















Side view! My first Frohawk* :)




















December 21, 2010 Two-Strand Twist Set 




















January 7, 2011. My curly q's a month after BC




















January 7,  Side Profile




















Top of my head on February 18, 2011. Two Months Natural!
By this point I had no relaxed ends











February 21st: Hair length check!




















June 9. Six months natural! In the summer, I began
 nurturing my hair so it could grow











July, 4 (that's a headband if you can't tell)















August 25th. Twist Out!

















August 26th. Same twist out from the 25th lol













I've gone from 1.5 inches to 5.5 inches and its been great. I feel like right now my hair is at its healthiest since my BC because I've been taking care of myself - my body and my mind. I hope to see even more progress by my end of my 1st year of being natural.

Right now, I am in the process of developing a routine that will fit into my schedule. I want to maximize both time and results. You're probably as busy as I am, so I know saving time is important to you too. Another one of my major concerns is money. If I can find I way to save money, I'll do it. Hair care does NOT have to be expensive. its just a matter of making smart purchases. Now that you have a general idea of what my hair journey has been, we can dive into the details of Black Hair Care - So much more to come!

Be Big & Beautiful

xoxo

Jill Scott! My favorite song by her: "Golden"

No comments:

Post a Comment