Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Dealing with Hair Drama

Hey Everyone!

So today I just wanted to talk about the hair drama I've been having. I went natural in December 2010, and I haven't had dandruff since.... and now its back. Its crazy. I don't know what started it really. I experimented with hair weaving last month. I had kinky twists in for about a week, and thats when I notices the dandruff. So I guess I'd say thats what it was. I'm trying to find a solution, and for now I'm going to try improving my moisturizing regimen. I wash my hair (at night)

Then...

1. I put 2 pumps of "Mixed Silk Leave-In Conditioning Creme" from roots to ends


2. I put 2 pumps of "Herbal Essences Leave-In Protector" (for split ends)


3. I did two-strand twists using "Shea Moisture Curling Souffle"



In the morning
4. I conditioned my scalp with Olive Oil and Castor Oil

I'm hoping this method works. If my dandruff decides not to leave I'm going to buy tea-tree oil (suggested for dandruff) to see how that works.

The other issue I'm having is with knots. KNOTS KNOTS KNOTS!!! I hate it. Everyday. All the time. The worst is when I've just detangled my wet hair, then it starts to shrink on itself and knot up.

My solution to this one is going to be protective styling. My go-to style is two-strand twists. With this style, my hair is entirely combed out, and plaited in some way. I find that I play with my hair less when its twisted, so this helps too.

Third and last problem. Uneven growth. the front center portion of my hair grows sooo much faster than the rest. It makes my afro look awkward. My solution to this is basically the same - more olive oils and more protective styling. I'm also trying to drink more water.

If you're having the same problems, comment with any solutions you have, or tell me if my regimen works for you!

Hope this helps :)

Be big and beautiful!
xoxo

Bob Marley's hair is classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment